About us

“Pandal hop!!! till you drop!!!”
“Without lifting more than a finger.”

Durga Puja, the biggest festival of Eastern India, has been made globally popular by its spectacular Kolkata brand of celebrations. This week-long sensory extravaganza is now India's official nomination for a pride of place in the 'Intangible Cultural Heritage' (ICH) list for 2020, recognized by the UNESCO.



The religio-social-cultural phenomenon is a city-wide installation-art carnival that is Kolkata's own version of the Venice Biennale.

Imposing temporary structures called pandals are erected to house the clay idols of the deities. These makeshift marvels that are built to replicate famous architectural wonders from around the world, or in keeping with innovative themes, are stunningly realistic, mesmerizingly intricate specimens of fine artistry, skilled craftsmanship and creativity. The most remarkable aspect of these pandals, is the number of man-hours, the months of planning and the elaborate efforts that go into creating an exhibit....for just a 7-day showcase. The primarily fabric-over-bamboo-scaffolding structures with ingenious embellishments are all dismantlable and disposable.

Passionate about Durga Puja and with a dream to bring this visual treat to global audiences, we present this trailblazing Web-based app eponymously named The Puja App. In this extremely interactive FREE Web-App, we provide 360° coverage of famous Kolkata Puja Pandals. Through the power of Virtual Reality, letting you have an Ultra HD Virtual walkthrough of the whole Structure.

Being VR-Ready it ensures a next to real-life experience for you.

We have currently made it available as a Universal web app, so it requires no downloading...
Just Visit us at www.ThePuja.App ...
It not only works on smartphones or Computer but on any modern smart devices that support a Web-Browser (smart Tv, Smartwatch, )

We take you on a mesmerizing journey that is free from crowds, expense, and exhaustion........from the comfort and convenience of your own couch. We promise to be extensive in coverage without being intensive in the effort. 

Come join us, and we'll make sure you're right here from wherever you are.


If you can't come to 'Durga Puja in Kolkata',

we'll bring 'Durga Puja in Kolkata' to YOU. Literally at your fingertips.... 



Maksad of ThePujaApp.

  • To Showcase Durga Puja to the world using the power of Virtual Reality & Social Media.

  • To Create Awareness & Exposure for such a Creative and Artistic event. Which we believe has the Essence & Color to be recognized as one of the if not the biggest installation Art Carnival in the world.

  • To Capture and Archive the creative awesomeness over the years. Archived over 200 pandals over the last 5 yrs.

ThePujaApp is an HTML5 based Interactive Virtual Universal Application that let users enjoy 360-degree ultra HD quality VR Ready Virtual Tours & 360 videos  of top renowned Durga Puja Pandals from across Kolkata since 2013. 


A Disclamer from ThepujaApp: We get Zero support from the government (there is a rumor going around that WB gov is sponsoring ThePujaApp)... and our So-called corporate sponsor are only taking care or max 5% of our cost, the rest 95% is covered by the team and them exploiting their friends :) , we do this not at all in a commercial sense, just our maksat is to showcase the amazing Durga pujas from Kolkata to the world, simple as that. As we know and believe that Kolkata Durga Puja is the biggest CULTURAL FESTIVAL in the world.